Take The We Are Indivisible pledge
Weekly Actions From The Indivisible Team
Every part of our progressive ecosystem is under threat by the U.S. President. The only way to to change the future is by standing together, indivisible.
Our top to-do's on impeachment :
- Find or host an event in your district to strategically put pressure on your Members of Congress to move this inquiry forward. We want the House to cancel recess, stay in DC, and do its job to hold Trump accountable. But if they do go home to their districts, Indivisibles know what to do: hold their feet to the fire. We saw how it worked during Impeachment August, and it will work again now to ensure they move quickly to vote on articles of impeachment for Trump's full range of misdeeds. If there’s not already an event happening near you, we’ve put together an impeachment inquiry event toolkit with everything you need to know to organize your own. Be sure to also register your event so that partners like MoveOn, Stand Up America, By the People, and more can help spread the word and get as many folks as possible to show up.
- Demand your Senators commit to holding a fair and open impeachment trial. Our Senators have a constitutional duty to do this -- but you wouldn’t know this if you listened to Mitch McConnell and his allies downplay the gravity of Trump’s crimes and cover for his numerous lies. Enough is enough. Donald Trump is a criminal who has been involved in numerous impeachable offenses. Let your Senators know it’s time to do something about it.
- Urge your Representative to cancel recess and push for a vote. The events of this week are unusual, historic, and have far-reaching international security implications. Now is not the time to go on a two-week recess and allow Trump and his allies time to cover up what we’re just now beginning to uncover. Tell your Representative that we need the House of Representatives to stay in Washington and do their jobs, and push for a vote on Trump’s impeachment as soon as possible. (NOTE: If your rep is already supportive, it’s important to still make the call and thank them for their support.)
- Check out the impeachment coalition campaign page for more background on this fight and what you can do. You can also share this page out to your networks to spread the word about keeping the pressure on.
- Review our updated resource on impeaching Trump and holding him accountable. Haven’t had time to keep up with the news this week, or want to share what’s happening with friends and family? This page has you covered, now updated with information about Nancy Pelosi’s formal announcement and the scandal over Ukraine.