Weekly Actions From The Indivisible Team
Every part of our progressive ecosystem is under threat by the U.S. President. The only way to to change the future is by standing together, indivisible.
Your 5 weekly to-dos
- Tell your MoC to co-sponsor and vote for H.R. 6, the Dream and Promise Act. Nearly every House Democrat has co-sponsored this critical legislation, which would provide permanent relief from the threat of deportation to Dreamers, TPS holders, and DED holders. (You can see if your MoC has co-sponsored using this link.) Make sure that your MoC knows that you expect them to vote for this bill, and against any Republican motion to recommit.
- They should also co-sponsor and vote for H.R. 2214, the No Ban Act.Introduced on April 10, the No Ban Act would fully repeal Trump’s Muslim and Asylum Bans, ensuring that families from affected countries and asylum seekers from Central America won’t continue to face unconstitutional discrimination. Check here to see if your MoC is a co-sponsor; if they aren’t, use our script to call and tell them you expect them to sign on in support.
- Record a video and tell everyone you know that you #StandWithIlhan.Denounce the hateful threats and Islamophobia directed towards Rep. Ilhan Omar and demand that your members of Congress publicly speak out against these horrific attacks. Record your video here and share widely.
- The Mueller report is coming. Well... a redacted version is likely on the way this Thursday (read more here about the latest update). Keep calling your MoCs and demand they make Mueller’s findings public and continue investigations to hold Trump accountable. We’ve got everything you need to know here. And as we’re waiting for the report, make sure to share your thoughts on impeachment in our quick survey.
- Sign up for our May National Call! Join us on Thursday, May 2 at 8pm ET/ 5pm PT for our monthly national call. More details on the call coming soon, but for now,make sure to register here so you don’t miss out!